Skip to main content

Affidavit Information

Who needs an affidavit?

If you live with someone and your name is not listed on the rental agreement, or a property tax or utility bill, you will need to fill out a Shared Residence Family Affidavit to prove Alameda residency.  Please click here for Requirements (PDF).


If your student lives with someone other than his/her parent, you will need to fill out a Shared Residence Caregiver Affidavit.  Please click Requirements for a Shared Residence Caregiver Affidavit (PDF) for requirements.


All affidavits are subject to review and a mandatory home checks. All affidavits must be renewed yearly.  All Shared Residence Family Affidavits must be NOTARIZED.

Renewing an Affidavit

Under state law, affidavits need to be renewed annually. If you are a current AUSD family and need to renew an affidavit for 2020-21 school year please book a renewal appointment at the bottom of this page.