Do you know a custodian, tradesperson, food services employee, payroll technician, paraprofessional, instructional assistant, school secretary, or office manager in the Alameda Unified School District (AUSD) who you think is doing excellent work for children and staff? Alameda community members can now nominate AUSD employees for the state's Classified School Employee of the Year program. Nominations go first to the school district and then on to the Alameda County Office of Education. The county office, in turn, sends nominations to the California Department of Education (CDE).
You can nominate classified AUSD employees in the following five categories:
- Child Nutrition (e.g., food service employees )
- Maintenance, Operations, and Facilities (e.g., custodians and tradespeople)
- Office and Technical (e.g., school site secretaries and office managers)
- Para-Educator and Instructional Assistance (e.g., paraprofessionals and teacher assistants)
- Support Services and Security (e.g., campus supervisors, payroll technicians, and student services assistants)
You can read about prior winners in this 2016 press release from the CDE. You can download a nomination form here. Once it is filled out, please send it to Humera Khalil at email@example.com. The deadline is February 23, 2017 at 5 pm.
Upcoming Board of Education Meetings
February 14, 2017
City Hall, 6:30 PM
February 28, 2017
City Hall, 6:30 pm