Back to School Registration Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions to help parents. We will continue to update this document as questions arise. New questions will be marked in red and posted at the top of the page so you can easily identify updated information.
- What is the purpose of Back to School Registration?
Back to school registration for returning students is used to affirm student's attendance in Alameda Unified School District for the upcoming school year. It's also an opportunity to update emergency contacts, acknowledge annual authorizations and review District policies. We ask that all returning families and those who enrolled for the 2016-17 school year between January and June complete the process to make sure we have up to date information for your student.
- What information will this system collect?
- Student Information (Name, DOB, Gender, Primary Contact Phone Number and Address)
- Proof of Residence
- Parent/Legal Guardian Information
- Emergency Contact (up to four)
- Health information (Doctor, History, Conditions and Medications)
- Annual Parent/Legal Guardian Agreements (i.e. Medical Release, Acceptable Use Policy for Network Usage, Photo Release, etc.)
- Electronic Signature acknowledging all information is correct
- Should I create an account with InfoSnap?
If you’ve never completed an online form with InfoSnap, you will need to create an InfoSnap Account. This allows you to securely save your work and come back at a later time if necessary. You can use your email address (recommended for communication purposes) or cell phone number.
- Do I need to create an account for each of my children?
No, you only have to complete one InfoSnap account per family. Use that same account to update information for each of your students.
- Will I receive an individual snapcode for each child attending Alameda Unified School District?
You should receive separate letters/emails containing individual snapcodes for each child as long as they have already been enrolled via Student Services. If you have not received an email with a snapcode for one of your children, please visit that child’s school to update your email address on file.
We recommend that you complete and submit one form and then start another for each child. Once the first form is completed you will be allowed to ―snap‖ (or share) selected family information for additional children. This means that once you enter your name, address, emergency contacts, etc., for one child, you can automatically link to your next child’s form without having to re-enter the data. You will be required to provide information that is specific for each child.
- What should I do if I do not have an email address?
In order to receive accurate communication and information, we advise you to open an email account. Several online companies like Google allow you to sign up for a free email account. Once you have created your email account, please visit your child’s school to provide them your current email.
- What should I do if I do not have Internet access?
If you do not have access to the Internet at home, local library, or other location, your child’s school can also provide access to a school computer to register online. Be sure to check your school’s website for more information.
- What if I have a child who is currently not attending an Alameda Unified school?
If your child did not attend any Alameda Unified school during the 2015–2016 school year and you have not enrolled with our Student Services department, visit the District’s website and click on the Enrollment link on the left side of the page. Parents will enter information and digitally share documentation just as the returning students will with one exception. At the conclusion of the new student data entry, parents will be prompted to make an appointment with Student Services to complete enrollment.
Please note: If your child is moving from an Alameda Unified elementary school to an Alameda Unified middle school, or middle in the district to a high school in the district, your student is considered a returning student. You should receive an email/letter to complete the annual online registration for returning students.
- When I click on the direct link provided in my email it does not ask me for my snapcode.
The direct link has been personalized just for you and has your snapcode embedded in the link. It will take you directly to a secure page to begin creating your account, and you will not need to enter your snapcode. If you access InfoSnap by going to a school’s website and clicking on the Back to School Registration link, you will be asked to first enter your snapcode.
- What if I did not receive an email containing my snapcode?
First check you spam filter to see if the email was blocked. If you have not received your email containing your snapcode by Friday August 5th, you will need to visit your child’s school with photo identification to update your email address on file. Once your email address is updated a snapcode will be sent to you.
- Who do I call with questions or for assistance?
For technical difficulties, contact the InfoSnap Support Line toll free at (866) 752-6850 or https://infosnap.zendesk.com or click “Contact Us” from any InfoSnap page. For assistance with the forms you are completing, contact the main office of child’s school.
- I’ve completed the form, now what?
Once you have finished entering your information, click ―Submit. This will send all of the information you’ve entered to the school. If you cannot click on this button, you will need to make sure that you have answered all REQUIRED questions, which are marked with a red asterisk (*). If this fails visit https://infosnap.zendesk.com or click “Contact Us” from any InfoSnap page.
- How do I make changes to my student’s information after I have completed and submitted the online form?
Please contact your child’s school for assistance.