Benefits associated with qualifying for Free & Reduced-price meals
- Free or reduced-price (30¢) breakfast
- Free or reduced-price (40¢) lunch
- Reduced fee for the Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test (PSAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) fee waiver
- American College Testing (ACT) fee waiver of basic registration fee
- Fee waiver for applying to colleges
- Free applications for college
- SAT Prep Class discount
- Reduced Advance Placement (AP) Exams
Applying for Free and Reduced-price Meals (FRPM)
- Schools send school meal applications home at the beginning of each year. You may apply for school meals at any time throughout the school year by submitting a household application directly to your school or on-line. Your school will provide you with an application upon request.
- Please complete only one application for each household.
- Application for meal benefits must be completed each year.
- Meal benefits begin once eligibility has been determined.
If you are receiving
Food Stamps (FS), or CalWORKS, KinGAP or FDPIR benefits, your child automatically qualifies for free school meals.
Please contact Food & Nutrition Services at 337-7079 to determine if you need to fill out an application.
You should know...
If you are eligible for unemployment compensation, you might be eligible for free or reduced-price school meal.